Identify my Club Car
It's very important to know the make and model of your (golf) cart. Accessories such as golf cart lift kits and golf cart covers are made for specific models of golf carts. Golf cart lift kits must take into consideration the chassis and body types of specific models. Golf cart covers are other examples where the different sizes of tops and roof supports make the golf cart model and year extremely important to achieve a perfect fit.
HOW DO I FIND MY GOLF CART SERIAL NUMBER?
How can I identify the model and year of my Club Car?
Starting in the 1980s Club Car vehicles have a serial number plaque at the lower edge of the dashboard. The serial number convention is 12 characters and indicates the model, the model year and the production week the vehicle was produced.
Where PQ = Precedent Electric, 06 = 2006 Model Year, and 04 = Fourth Production Week
Step by step
- Find the serial number of your cart by looking beneath the glove box on the passenger's side dashboard. Club Car has placed its serial number there since 1981.
- Look in an alternate location if Step 1 fails. Prior to 1981, Club Car placed the serial number by the batteries underneath the driver's seat.
- Read the 12 characters within the serial number. The first six reveal the model type, along with the year and week of production. The final six numbers, usually set apart by a dash, represent your cart's individual identification code.
- Identify the cart model by reading the first two letters. The first letter signifies the model, and the second letter the propulsion system. "A" or "Q" stands for an electric cart, and a "G" signifies gas. For example, a serial number beginning with "PQ" means the cart is a Precedent Electric.
Click here for an overview of all Club Car Models
- Find the year of your cart by locating the first two numbers. A two-digit combination of "06" means the cart was built in 2006, for example, while a "95" would signify 1995.
- Discover the week of production through the fifth and sixth numbers. A "12" would mean your cart was built in the twelfth week of that year.